To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


What are the library hours?

The Culbertson Public Library is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 11:00am until 5:00pm.

What programs does the library offer?

Book Club: Members meet 2nd Tuesday of the month...2 PM...at the library

Story Hour: All 3-5 year-olds welcome...Tuesdays mid-October through mid-April at 10:30 AM
Summer Reading: Preschool-High School welcome to sign up...month of July

Does the library have Story Hour?

Story Hour is Tuesdays, starting mid-October going through mid-April at 10:30 AM. All 3-5 year-olds welcome.

Town Code

Do I need a permit for a small project? (deck, fence, shed...)

Yes, all construction requires a permit. If you have questions, please call our office (406) 787-5271.

Meeting Agendas & Minutes

When are the Town Council meetings held?

The second Monday of the month at 6:30pm at the Townhall

Where is the Townhall or Town office located?

The Town of Culbertson office or Townhall is located at 210 Broadway Ave. 

Ike's Fishing Pond & Walking Trail

Do I need a license to fish at Ike's pond?

Yes, those over the age of 11 are required to required to purchase a fishing license.

Can I use minnows as bait at Ike's?

No. Nightcrawlers may be used, however no minnows are to be used as bait at Ike's pond.

Bruegger Park

Does the camp area have hook ups?

No. There are no hook ups (No Water and No Electric)


When are the garbage collection days for my street?

Dumpsters located on the East side of town will be emptied Tuesdays.

Dumpsters located on the West side of town will be emptied on Fridays.

Pick up days may change due to weather or holidays.

My dumpster is full, can I use a different dumpster?

Yes. All the dumpsters in Culbertson are serviced by the same company.

We would prefer the use of a different dumpster in town rather than an overfilled one. Please do not place garbage next to an overfilled dumpster.

Can non-residents of Culbertson use the town dumpsters?

No. Only town residents are authorized to use the town's contract garbage service.

Unauthorized use may be subject to a theft of service charge.


Who is the Internet providers for Culbertson/

Nemont is our local internet and telephone provider.

New Resident Resources

Who do I call for Internet or Telephone?

Contact Nemont for Internet or Telephone service.

Who do I contact for gas service to my home?

Contact Miller Oil Co./ The City Line for in town residents at 406-787-6271.

What utility services does the Town of Culbertson offer?

The Town of Culbertson offers water, sewer, and garbage service to its residents.

Where do I go to update my Drivers License or License Plate?

The Department of Motor Vehicles is located at the county seat in Wolf Point, Montana. There you can update your license(s) and/or registration(s).